Monday, May 21, 2012


The Beguiling 



The Beguiling is a small bookstore close to Honest Eds. I got a very funny feeling about this bookstore when I walked in due to the fact that it is very small and I was wondering what they could possibly have in there. As I suspected, I was right. It was really small but they had a vast collection of comic books.

When I walked in, there was this guy at the front desk with a huge smile on his face and greeted me with a warm welcome, which made me like this store a bit more. Although I am not a huge fan of comic books it was exciting to see the the collections of comic books they had. It was all vintage and it made me wonder where could have they possibly get this from.

Later on I realized that this store had another part upstairs and while I was walking up the stairs, I tried to make sure not to fall because the stairs was so narrow and real high. As I reached upstairs, I thought it was going to be small as downstairs too but it was bit more spacious. They had more collections of comic books upstairs and this time it was a lot more vintage than downstairs.

They are rare comic books which would definitely excite a comic junkie but not someone like me. The atmosphere of the place is real scary actually. It was very small and I felt like I was entering a death trap but as I soon I got into the space it grew on me and it made me realize this place is not actually that bad.

Although it is not really spacious, they had great collections of comic books but they I did not see a variety of other books which means that it is not an easy accessibility. The staff was real sweet and were willing to answer any questions which is great. To be honest he was kind of cute too. Other than that, I was not a huge fan of this place because I am truly not a huge comic book fan which does bring a bias to this review. Otherwise this would be a great bookstore who is a fan of comic books.

Rating:
3.5/5

No comments: